My ultimate carrot cupcakes are moist, rich and mildly spiced, topped with sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting. Nothing more, nothing less. Just perfect!
Yesterday was such a beautiful day! Spring is finally here, and calving season is in a full swing now!
I baked my almond berry muffins and these carrot cupcakes to bring to the ranch yesterday. They were such a hit, especially my carrot cupcakes. Mildly spiced carrot cupcakes with pecan bites topped with tasty cream cheese frosting are too good to say “No”, even if you’re reaching for your third cupcake. I baked these cupcakes on Sunday for my blog, but they didn’t last long. I had to bake a new batch for my in-laws yesterday.
It’s super easy to make too. If you don’t have a mixer, you can mix the batter by hand as well. Mixer just makes it way too easy. There are three ingredients that help you to achieve perfectly moist cupcakes: Greek yogurt, brown sugar and carrots. But that’s not enough. Make sure not to over-bake the cupcakes. It took 18 minutes for my cupcakes to bake. I suggest checking for doneness after 15 minutes.
Below is a step-by-step photo instruction for you.
You want to grate your carrots into pretty small pieces. Here is a little trick to achieve finely grated carrots in a food processor. First grate the carrots using the shredding disc of the food processor, then I chop them with chopping blade pulsing a few times.
Are you planning to host an easter brunch, or attending an easter potluck at work? These delicious carrot cupcakes would be perfect. It’s such a crowd-pleaser!
These cupcakes are even tastier on the second day!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- ½ cup Greek yogurt at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar light or dark
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup chopped pecans
For cream cheese frosting:
- 8 oz 250gr cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup 55gr unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, or milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Line the muffin cups with cupcake liners. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, combined together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with a paddle attachment, mix together eggs, Greek yogurt, oil, sugar and brown sugar until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix just until combined. Don’t over mix at this point. Fold in grated carrots and pecans. Fill the cupcake cups ¾ of the way. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the baking pan, then transfer onto wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat butter and cream cheese on medium high speed until fluffy for 1 minute. Add powdered sugar, heavy cream and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for a minute. Then increase the speed to medium high and continue to beat until smooth and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Frost the cupcakes once they’re completely cooled.