These juicy, tasty chicken rolls seasoned with simple basil pesto are perfect appetizer for any table.
Hosting a cocktail party?
Want to serve something different, yet delicious and easy? Then you came to the right place. I have prepared a perfect recipe for you. This super easy chicken bites require only 5 ingredients and maybe about 10-15 minutes of your time to prepare.
These juicy and delicious chicken rolls are full of flavor from basil pesto. Asparagus prevents the chicken from drying and keeps it juicy and tender.
Aren’t these little chicken bites gorgeous too? Garnish with some parsley, or basil leaves before serving.
Pesto Chicken Rolls with Asparagus
- 12 medium asparagus
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3-4 tablespoons pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Wash the asparagus and cut 1-2 inches off the end.
- Place each chicken breast between two plastic wrap and pound it with meat tenderizer until chicken is nice and thin.
- Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and spread a tablespoon of pesto on each chicken breast. Place 6 asparagus on each chicken. Grate some Parmesan cheese and carefully roll the chicken breasts.
- Secure the seams with toothpicks. Place stuffed chicken breasts the seam side down on greased baking sheets. Spread more pesto on the outside and grate more Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes. If needed, broil for 2-3 minutes to give a nice golden color.
- Cool slightly, remove the toothpicks and cut into ¾ inch thick pieces.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: