This rainbow vegetable pasta salad is colorful, light and flavorful bowl of summer! Perfect side dish for any bbq dinner.
You guys, this salad is anything but boring. Loaded with colorful fresh veggies, every bite bursts with juicy crunch, hint of sweetness and finishes with a moderate heat from cayenne pepper. If you’re not into spicy, you may omit it. But that little bite at the end is the best part, especially if you have a cold beer to wash it down.
Oh, how I love this vibrant collection of vegetables! This plateful makes me insanely happy. Surprisingly, chopping them up and arranging them on a plate is calming and joyful at the same time.
These veggies add not only vibrant colors to the salad, but also lots of nutrition and texture. (And texture is everything!!!) I especially love the peppery sweet flavor burst from fresh basil. Toss it in right before serving.
This summer salad compliments any grilled meat beautifully, or makes perfect light lunch on a hot day. Hope you’ll enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by.
Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad
- 3 cups farfalle pasta
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup broccoli florets blanched or steamed
- ½ cup peas if frozen, thawed
- ½ cup corn kernels if frozen, thawed
- 1 medium carrot
- 1-2 tablespoon minced red onion
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more to taste
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Tuscan Rosemary & Sun-dried Tomato seasoning or Italian seasoning
- Cook the pasta al dante per package instructions, about 7 minutes in salted water. Drain and cool. Do NOT rinse under cold water.
- Cut bell peppers and celery into small cubes.
- Roughly chop blanched broccoli.
- Grate carrot on box grater.
- Layer the basil leaves, roll into a log, and cut into strips.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until well combined.
- In a large bowl, toss the vegetables and pasta.
- Add the dressing and toss until well combined.
- Serve at room temperature, or cold. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe was originally published on July 2nd, 2014.