Sticky, messy, and absolutely irresistible, these Jamaican jerk chicken wings are baked to crisp perfection and tossed in your favorite jerk sauce.
Super bowl is just around the corner, and it’s time to bring out best of the best chicken wing recipes, yes? Thought so. If you’re tired of buffalo chicken wings (<-Just for the record, I can never get enough of buffalo wings!), or just want something different, look no further! These Jamaican jerk chicken wings are real deal. Spicy and with ton of flavor. Sticky, messy, and absolutely irresistible!
But before we dive into these wings, I wanna share exciting news with you. Hubs and I are going to Europe. Next week! London, Paris and Rome, to be specific! Oh my gosh, I’m just so super excited. This is my dream trip that I’ve been planning for many years! You see, before my husband and I got married, we knew we didn’t want a big wedding, but we wanted an epic honeymoon in Europe. A year and half ago, we quietly ran to the courthouse and got married. And if it was up to us, we would have hopped on the plane straight to Paris for our honeymoon. But we couldn’t do that for various reasons. Now that I finally got all my visas, I booked our trip and it’s real now!
I need your help though, my dear food-loving friends. If you live or have been to London, Paris and Rome, please tell me what are the best restaurants and cafes we absolutely cannot miss? I’d love to hear your recommendations and advice to enjoy our trip to its fullest. I’m definitely planning on gorging on macarons from Ladurée! 🙂
Now, back to the wings. These delicious wings were simply baked to crisp perfection, not fried. Then tossed in delicious Jamaican jerk sauce. You can make your own sauce, or use ready-to-use bottled one. I used the latter, since I had a good one on hand.
As for baking powder, I picked up this tip from Cook’s Illustrated. Apparently, baking powder helps to dehydrate the chicken skin, yielding perfectly crisp chicken wings. It really does work wonders! And lastly, don’t be tempted to omit the wire rack, or the wings will get soggy from baking in the pool of fat. Not exactly what we want. Once the wings are baked, toss them in the sauce and dig in. Keep lots of napkins handy! You’ll need them.
How easy is that? All you need is hands-on 10 minutes tops!
The wings are best with cold beer, of course. 🙂
PS: Looking forward to hear your recommendations for our trip to Europe.
Jamaican Jerk Chicken Wings
- 2 lbs chicken wings split at the joints and wingtips discarded
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup 120ml your favorite Jamaican Jerk sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Wash and thoroughly dry the chicken wings with a paper towel. In a large bowl, toss the wings with baking powder and salt until they are evenly coated. Arrange on a prepared wire rack and bake for 40 minutes, turning once after 20 minutes. Broil the wings for 5 minutes for extra crispness, before removing from oven.
- Place the wings in a bowl and mix with the sauce. Serve immediately.
Leave a Review