Garlic Butter Shrimp
Plump, succulent shrimp sautéed in an aromatic garlic butter – perfect dinner in minutes. It’s also great for snacking!
This’s got to be one of the easiest shrimp recipes out there. The shrimp are plump and succulent and infused with aromatic garlic butter through and through.
What makes this shrimp recipe so special? SPEED.
The key to those soft flavorful shrimp is not to over-cook them, which means you need to keep an eye on them constantly. Because there’s nothing worst than biting into rubbery tough shrimp, aka overcooked beyond recovery. That’d be a crime! Promise you won’t let that happen. And luckily, the whole cooking process takes mere minutes!!!
Yep, this quick garlic butter shrimp will be your go-to weeknight meal, when you need to get the dinner on the table like 10 minutes ago.
Serve the sautéed shrimp over pasta for a complete meal. Or double the batch and serve it for a game day as an appetizer.
Hope you’ll try this recipe soon and enjoy that sizzling aroma of garlic butter! The BEST!
Garlic Butter Shrimp
Plump, succulent shrimp sautéed in an aromatic garlic butter – perfect dinner in minutes. It’s also perfect for snacking!
Yield: 3-4 servings
- 1lb large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Angel hair pasta, cooked according to box directions, for serving
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, or until nice and fragrant.
- Add shrimp and salt. Cook for couple minutes, until they just turn pink, turning them once half way.
- Add the remaining butter and wine. Continue to cook until shrimp are opaque, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes. Don’t overcook them, or they’ll become tough and chewy.
- If serving with pasta, remove the shrimp onto a plate and add cooked pasta into a skillet. Stir the pasta in the remaining sauce and serve.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: