Try this refreshing coconut mojito this summer. This classic mojito with subtle coconut flavor is here for you to sip on all summer long.
Love mojito? Me too!
Not too sweet, yet refreshing, it’s one of my favorite summer drinks.
I made a teeny-tiny twist to my classic mojito. A touch of coconut rum adds subtle coconut flavor to this otherwise classic mojito.
For extra minty flavor, I’m using mint simple syrup, which is very easy to make. Simply throw a few mint leaves in hot simple syrup and let it steep for about 15 minutes. It really boosts the mint flavor (read: even more refreshing drink!).
Cheers to a wonderful weekend ahead!
- ¼ cup 50gr sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup 60ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup 120ml light rum
- ½ cup 120ml coconut rum
- 2 cups 480ml club soda
- 2 cups ice cubes
- To make mint simple syrup, in a small saucepan bring ¼ cup of water to a boil. Add ¼ cup of sugar and stir until dissolved. Cook for additional 3 minutes or so, or until the syrup is slightly thickened.
- Throw in half of mint leaves and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and remaining 10 mint leaves.
- Bruise the mint leaves with a muddler.
- Stir in mint simple syrup, lime juice and both rums.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher with ice and add club soda right before serving.
This recipe was originally published on June 13, 2014.