Refreshingly Simple Coconut Mojito
Try this refreshing coconut mojito this summer. This classic mojito with subtle coconut flavor is here for you to sip on all summer long.
Love mojito? Me too!
Not too sweet, yet refreshing, it’s one of my favorite summer drinks.
I made a teeny-tiny twist to my classic mojito. A touch of coconut rum adds subtle coconut flavor to this otherwise classic mojito.
For extra minty flavor, I’m using mint simple syrup, which is very easy to make. Simply throw a few mint leaves in hot simple syrup and let it steep for about 15 minutes. It really boosts the mint flavor (read: even more refreshing drink!).
Cheers to a wonderful weekend ahead!
Classic mojito with subtle coconut flavor is here for you to sip on all summer long.
Yield: 4 servings
- ¼ cup (50gr) sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 20 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup (60ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup (120ml) light rum
- ½ cup (120ml) coconut rum
- 2 cups (480ml) club soda
- 2 cups ice cubes
- To make mint simple syrup, in a small saucepan bring ¼ cup of water to a boil. Add ¼ cup of sugar and stir until dissolved. Cook for additional 3 minutes or so, or until the syrup is slightly thickened.
- Throw in half of mint leaves and let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar and remaining 10 mint leaves.
- Bruise the mint leaves with a muddler.
- Stir in mint simple syrup, lime juice and both rums.
- Pour the mixture into a pitcher with ice and add club soda right before serving.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
This recipe was originally published on June 13, 2014.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: