Microwave Peanut Brittles for Chocolate Lovers
Unbelievably easy to make, these chocolate covered microwave peanut brittles are irresistibly light with satisfying crunch. No candy thermometer, no fuss!
The only reason I keep margarin in my fridge… THESE out-of this-world amazing peanut brittles!
And I’m totally ok with that.
Remember, I shared the easiest peanut brittle recipe earlier this year? The one that’s made in less than 10 minutes. In a microwave!
Well, that awesome peanut brittle is now dressed in luscious double chocolate coat!
Drooling yet? Because I can hardly control myself looking at these photos.
The original recipe from my mother-in-law’s friend, Leo, was fantastic! But with layer of chocolate, it’s DANGEROUS!
Knowing myself well, I sent these suckers off to the ranch as soon as I finished shooting them. The last thing I want is to consume an entire batch of peanut brittles, while trying to lose the last 5 pounds from the pregnancy! (Imagine, they’re still hanging around…Ugh)
Anyway, my father-in-law raved about the chocolate upgrade. He was already a fan of Leo’s original brittles as we all are. And mother-in-law requested 4 batches for church holiday bake sale. She loved the pretty swirl. And who wouldn’t, right?
Not including step-by-step photos this time, because you can find it right here.
I really hope you’ll make these brittles for your christmas treats. Let me know how it turns out, if you do!
Thanks for stopping by.
Chocolate Covered Microwave Peanut Brittles
Yield: 1 pound
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup (200gr) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon margarin*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- First check your microwaves power. The time directions in this recipe for microwaves with 1000Watts.
- Measure and prepare all the ingredients before moving forward.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In 1-quart microwave-safe bowl with a lid, combine peanuts, sugar, salt and corn syrup.
- Cover the bowl and microwave the mixture for 3 minutes**. (Leo's tip: if you don’t cover the mixture, it’ll get burnt.)
- Take it out and give it a nice stir.
- Then cover and microwave for another 3.5 minutes.
- Take it out and stir in margarine and vanilla extract.
- Cover and microwave again for 2.5 minutes.
- Take it out and add baking soda.
- Quickly stir, as the mixture foams.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Using 2 forks, spread it out into even layer.
- Sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips over the hot brittle and let it stand for a minute. Then using a spatula, spread it into even layer. If you want swirled look, sprinkle white chocolate chips and let it stand for a minute, or until softened. Then using a toothpick, swirl white chocolate chops into semi-sweet chocolate layer.
- Let it cool and harden, about 30-45 minutes. Store in a ziplock bag for up to a week.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: