Quick and easy, yet super fancy, this smoked salmon fettuccini alfredo is perfect weeknight dinner. Once you have all the ingredients on the counter, dinner will be ready in less than 20 minutes!
No seriously, this delicious pasta will be
on your table in your belly in absolutely no time!!
If I can cook this with a newborn, you can totally make it on a weekday night with no problem! When I say you need 20 minutes, I’m actually being pretty generous. That deliciously creamy sauce comes together while pasta is cooking, which takes about what 7 minutes? And then you toss everything together and voila! Onto the plate they go.
I confess, I love alfredo sauce in a jar! It’s a lifesaver on those nights when you crave pasta, but no motivation to cook. You know, what I mean, we all have those nights. Remember, last Wednesday? 🙂 Well, that was until I learned how stupid easy it is to make alfredo sauce from scratch! Milk + heavy cream + cream cheese + your favorite seasoning + parmesan cheese= BOOM, you’ve got yourself homemade alfredo sauce.
My secret ingredient is Philadelphia whipped cream cheese. I’ve been obsessed with it lately. (And no, I’m not paid to say this, I just love it so much!) Compared to the brick version, this one in a tub is lighter, which is perfect for my alfredo sauce. Just make sure to grab original version, not a fruity one.
But the real secret to a fantastic alfredo sauce, in my opinion, is good parmesan cheese! You can’t just use the stuff in a green container (you know what I’m talking about) and expect amazing sauce, ok? Invest in high quality parmesan cheese for this. Personally, I prefer a block of parmigiano-reggiano and grate it myself. So much more flavor!
Quick tip: the sauce might seem runny at the beginning, but rest assured it’ll thicken rather quickly. Just keep a close eye on it once it comes to a boil. And don’t leave the stove to take a phone call, or something! But if it thickens too much, simply add a bit more milk to thin it.
I’m using cold-smoked salmon here, the velvety smooth kind. But I’m sure the other flaky stuff (hot-smoked version) will work just fine.
Attention chicken-lovers! You can sub leftover rotisserie chicken for smoked salmon. Yes, yes, you can! As much as I love my smoked salmon, truth is I don’t always have it on hand. So leftover rotisserie chicken comes in play! But who am I kidding, smoked salmon is the best!
Please add this smoked salmon pasta recipe to your next week’s menu. I promise, you won’t be disappointed. Thank you for reading!
Got Instant Pot? Try this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta next!
Smoked Salmon Fettuccini Alfredo
- 8 oz 225gr Fettuccini
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz 115gr whipped cream cheese (I used Philadelphia brand in a tub)
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup 240ml heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 cup 240ml milk (I use whole milk, but any kind will work)
- ½ cup 2oz grated Parmesan cheese*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 oz 225gr smoked salmon, chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add whipped cream cheese, garlic and garlic powder.
- Whisk until everything is combined and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- In 2-cup measuring cup, combine heavy whipping cream and milk and slowly stir into the cream cheese mixture, whisking constantly.
- Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and continue to cook until desired thickness. Keep in mind the sauce thickens rather quickly. If the sauce thickened too much, add a bit of milk to thin it.
- Add the pasta, smoked salmon, parsley and lemon juice.
- Toss everything until well combined. Serve immediately.