These rainbow fruit spring rolls are an ultimate summer treat for all the fruit-lovers, chocolate-lovers and caramel-lovers! Bonus, a fun video tutorial is included!
Hey, hey, hey!
It’s officially summer! Let’s celebrate this fine occasion with loads of fresh fruits. Shall we?
I’ve prepared for you these spring rolls loaded with amazing rainbow of fruits. From crunchy apples to tangy kiwis, from sweet mango to strawberries, from healthy spinach to soft rice paper wraps. You’ll fine all things delicious and summary in these rolls.
If you have ever feared of dealing with sticky rice paper wraps, rest assured you’ll have beautiful rolls in no time with my new video tutorial. My top secret to success is to prepare all the fillings first (duh!) and soak the rice paper wraps just long enough to get them pliable, yet firm! They get softer as you load your fillings and will be ready to be rolled up. If you soak it too long, the wrap will get sticky and hard to work with.
Honestly, it was much harder to make this video than making these beautiful rolls! This is my very first stop-motion video. I had lots of fun, but that doesn’t mean it was easy. Whew, it took me a while to finalize it, but it’s here for you now!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it.
The best part of this dessert is the dipping sauces, of course. Decadent chocolate sauce, or sweet caramel sauce! Or both? The choice is yours.
When my husband was taste testing these rolls, he first dived right into the chocolate sauce (he is a chocoholic, just like me). Then he said, “I don’t think you can top this combo!” Then he tried caramel sauce, and he was completely torn between the two!
I’m telling ya, just make both sauces and enjoy! They are both divine.
How are you celebrating the start of summer?
Fruit Spring Rolls
For Spring Rolls:
- 8 strawberries
- 2 kiwis
- 1 mango
- 1 apple
- 1/4 lemon
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 6 rice paper wraps
For Caramel Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup 50r packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup 60ml heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
For Chocolate Sauce:
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup 50gr semisweet chocolate chips
- Hull and slice the strawberries into thin slices. Peel and cut the kiwis into thin slices. Peel and cut mango into matchsticks. Quarter the apple, cut out the seeds and cut into matchsticks as well. Drizzle some lemon juice over the apples to prevent from browning.
- In a large pot, add warm water and soak the rice paper wraps for about 20-30 seconds, turning it as you’re turning the steering wheel. The wrap should be pliable, but still slightly firm, as it will soften while you put the filling. Put the rice paper wrap smooth side down and arrange the fruits on one half of the wrap, as shown in the video. Fold in nearest end over the filling, fold in 2 sides of the wrap, and then tightly, but carefully roll it.
- To prepare the caramel sauce for dipping, place the butter and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add heavy cream and cook for about 5 minutes, whisking frequently. Add vanilla extract and salt.
- To make the chocolate sauce for dipping, heat the heavy cream in the microwave for 30 seconds or so. Pour it over chocolate chips and let it stand for a minute. Stir until smooth.
Leave a Review