Insanely easy recipe for chocolate salami. No, no actual salami here. These are buttery soft, no-bake chocolate cookies, that just looks like salami.
Ever heard of chocolate salami cookies? If not, don’t be turned off by its name.
You’re in for a treat! These are buttery soft chocolate cookies, the no-bake and make-ahead kind. My absolute favorite cookies from my childhood.
If you were hoping for healthy cookies, you’re in a wrong place. Because we’re here for rich and chocolate-y dessert. Real treat, indeed, but it’s sure worth every buttery calorie, I promise.
It’s insanely easy recipe, and the hardest part is waiting for it to set.
And since pictures worth thousand words, here’re step by step photos to guide you.
Enjoy these indulgent cookies with a cup of tea, or coffee, and, of course, a great company.
Thanks for stopping by.
No-Bake Chocolate Salami Cookies
- 18 full sheets of graham cracker or 300gr cookies
- ½ cup 115gr unsalted butter
- ½ cup 100gr sugar
- 1/3 cup 25gr unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or dutch processed)
- 8 oz 225gr cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Break graham crackers into uneven crumbs, some fine crumbs, as well as big chunks of cookies.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and cocoa powder over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the cookie crumbs.
- Add cream cheese and mix until well combined.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- On the counter, line about 20-inch long strip of plastic wrap.
- Transfer the cookie mixture in the middle of the wrap and roll it into a 16-inch log, about 2 inches in diameter.
- Tightly wrap the plastic wrap and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Slice the log into half inch thick cookies before serving. Store in the freezer in an air-tight container.
This recipe was originally published on July 14, 2014.