Banana Nutella wontons are easy and delicious treats. Caramelized banana slices covered with Nutella and wrapped in crunchy wonton wraps… What’s not to love here?
I’m one of those people who love bananas in any shape or form. I will enjoy it just on its own, or in smoothies, or as banana bread, heck, I even tried tempura banana once. And they’re so good for you too.
Well, today I’m sharing with you my all-time favorite flavor combination, banana + Nutella = forever! 🙂
This recipe is ridiculously easy! The hardest part is to brush on the egg wash. Not sure why, but in general, brushing the egg wash over the pastry is my least favorite part of any recipe. However, it’s important to create beautiful golden color.
See? Super simple. Not much of a recipe, yet the flavor is absolutely a BOMB. Hazelnut chocolate spread oozing over caramelized banana, and that crunch from the wonton wraps is the perfect finishing touch!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe. Have a great week ahead!
Banana Nutella Wontons
- • 1 banana
- • 12 wonton wraps
- • 6 teaspoons Nutella
- • 1 egg
- 1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- 2. Cut the banana into about half inch slices.
- 3. Place the wonton wraps on the counter. Put 1 banana slice on each wrap, then scoop ½ teaspoon Nutella on the banana.
- 4. In a small dish, beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water. With your finger, wet the two sides off the wrap then fold it over the filling to create a triangle. Pinch the edges to seal. Place the wontons on a baking sheet lined with silicone mat or parchment paper.
- 5. Brush the egg wash over the top and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.