This post is sponsored by Crystal Farms® Cheese. All opinions are mine alone.
This 30-minute cheesy chicken quesadillas recipe is super quick and easy weeknight dinner made delicious!
You’re going to LOVE these incredibly easy and quick chicken quesadillas! And I know it’ll become one of your go-to weeknight meals in no time. The best part is you can change it up every week, so you don’t get bored.
Here are a few ideas for you:
- Add jalapeños for a little kick
- Use rotisserie chicken from the store, instead of cooking the chicken
- Change up the type of cheese – Monterey Jack, Mexican Cheese Blend, Pepper Jack are all great options
I like to use Monterey Jack in my quesadillas. But I recently discovered even better option. Crystal Farms® Roasted Red Pepper Cheese. It’s Monterey Jack, but better!
And lastly, cooking the tortillas in butter on stovetop yields the most fabulous texture, light and crisp. While cooking, firmly press on top with a spatula.
I’m so excited for you to add this quick and easy chicken quesadillas to your weekly menu. And thanks for reading!
30-Minute Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 8 oz Crystal Farms® Roasted Red Pepper Cheese grated
- ½ cup corn kernels fresh or canned
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- Sour cream salsa, and/or guacamole for serving
- Season the chicken with taco seasoning on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook the chicken on both sides until cooked through, 4-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken onto a cutting board. Let cool and then cut into small bite-sie pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese, corn, scallions and cilantro.
- Take ¼ of chicken mixture and spread over half of a tortilla, leaving about ½-inch border at edge. Fold the tortilla over filling, pressing firmly to seal. Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place 2 quesadillas in the skillet, and cook, firmly pressing with a flat spatula, until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a cutting board, and repeat with the remaining butter and 2 quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole, optional.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: