Crispy n’ chewy butterscotch brownie crisps from scratch with extra boost of flavor! Totally addicting treats for your morning coffee, or afternoon tea.
This beautiful snowy Monday, I’m sharing with you another variation of my brownie crisps. I know, these are quite small changes to my base recipe, but these definitely deserve its own post.
If you haven’t tried my brownie crisps, you’re so missing out on crispy, chewy, thin, and totally dunkable chocolate treats, that pairs especially well with your morning coffee, or tea. And we all know that butterscotch n’ chocolate is as great as peanut butter n’ chocolate, right?
In this version, besides throwing in some butterscotch chips, I infused the batter with butterscotch candy oil for an extra boost of flavor. You know I’m a huge fan of LorAnn Candy Oils. Their candy oils are top notch, super powerful and a little bit goes a long way. (If you haven’t heard of them before, you have to check them out for your holiday treats!)
And just like in my minty brownie crisps recipe, you don’t want to mix the chips into the batter. Sprinkle them after you spread the batter into thin layer on a baking sheet. That way you’ll ensure to get the thinnest crisps. (<- the best kind!)
These crisps store well at room temperature in a ziplock bag.
I keep them right on our dining table within arm’s reach, ready to be devoured whenever I sit down for a cup of tea.
Dunk, dunk, dunk! These are seriously addicting!
Butterscotch Brownie Crisps
- ½ cup 60gr all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup 25gr unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½-1 teaspoon instant espresso powder*
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- ¾ cup 150gr sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon butterscotch candy oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup 50gr butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, espresso powder, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, beat egg whites with sugar, vanilla extract and butterscotch candy oil until foamy. Add the dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in the vegetable oil. Pour the batter on the prepared baking sheet. Using an offset spatula spread the batter evenly into a thin layer (about ¼ inch thin). Sprinkle the butterscotch chips all over the batter. Bake for 25 minutes. The brownie will be on the soft side, but it’ll harden as it cools.
- Transfer the baking sheet onto a wire rack to cool completely. Break the brownie crisp into small pieces and enjoy!
- Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.