Veggie Pasta Salad
Servings: 6 servings
This easy vegetable pasta salad is loaded with rainbow of vegetables and tossed with simple (yet flavorful) balsamic dressing! Perfect side dish for any bbq meal.
- 8 oz (225g) farfalle pasta Note 1
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 cup broccoli florets blanched or steamed Note 2
- ½ cup peas if frozen, thawed
- ½ cup corn kernels if frozen, thawed
- 1 medium carrot
- 1-2 tablespoon minced red onion
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves
For salad dressing:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes more to taste
- ½ teaspoon McCormick Tuscan Rosemary & Sun-dried Tomato seasoning or Italian seasoning
Pasta: Cook the pasta in salted water al dente per package directions, 11-12 minutes. Drain and cool. Do NOT rinse under cold water.
Veggies: Cut bell peppers and celery into small cubes. Roughly chop blanched broccoli. Grate the carrot on a large box grater.
Layer the basil leaves, roll into a log, and slice into strips.
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing until well combined.
Combine: In a large bowl, toss the vegetables and pasta. And then add the dressing and toss until well combined.
Serve at room temperature, or cold. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note 1: Any dry short pasta will work!
Note 2: You can use frozen broccoli, simply microwave it per package directions. And feel free to use any vegetable combination!
Store the salad in the fridge for up to 5 days, in an airtight container.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 320mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2613IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg