Roasted Butternut Squash
Servings: 6 servings
Irresistibly buttery and sweet, this roasted butternut squash with cinnamon feeds a crowd, which makes it perfect addition to your holiday menu!
- ¼ cup 50gr light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon all spice*
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 medium about 3lbs butternut squash, cubed (or 10 cups of cubed butternut squash)
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans coarsely chopped
Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, all spice, salt and melted butter until smooth.
To prepare a whole squash, cut both ends of the squash. Cut it in half above the round part of the squash, and peel the skin using vegetable peeler. Now cut each half vertically and remove seeds. Then cut into 1-inch cubes. Transfer the cubed squash onto a large baking sheet.
Pour the brown sugar mixture over the squashes. Mix everything together so that all the squashes are evenly coated and spread it in one layer.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until fork tender, stirring every 10 minutes.
Add nuts at the last 10 minutes.
*Substitute ¼ teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg with a pinch of ground clove for all-spice.
- You can peel and cube the squash a few days in advance and refrigerate in airtight container until ready to use.
- You can also make the entire recipe a day in advance and reheat it before serving. Cook the squash slightly al dante the first day, about 20 minutes. Then when ready to serve, add nuts and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until heated through.