Indulgent Mocha Frosting
Rich chocolate enriched with espresso, this rich mocha frosting is silky smooth and compliments any chocolate cake or brownies!! One word: indulgent!!!
- 12 oz 340gr bittersweet chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons 45gr unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 ¼ cups 300ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Kahlúa coffee liquor
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
In a medium bowl, combine chocolate, butter and espresso powder.
In a small saucepan, heat the cream to simmer over medium heat. Pour it over the chocolate and mix until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is nice and smooth. If needed, warm up the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Add Kahlúa and vanilla extract. Cover and refrigerate for no longer than 30 minutes. The mixture should be cool, but not cold.
Beat the chocolate mixture on medium high speed until soft peaks form. Make sure not to overbeat the frosting, or the frosting may curdle.