It’s been a while since I wrote my last monthly favorites. January literally flew by in a blink of an eye. But I’m happy to be back at it now. This year, I decided to broaden the theme and include all of my favorites in general, not just food and kitchen related. Because I do have some life outside of my kitchen. (Hello, my basement gym!) Anyhow, let’s get started.
1. Last month, I broke my elliptical, while working out. It was kind of a good thing, actually. For one, it wasn’t just collecting dust, instead it’s been used and abused for a few years. Plus, I kind of wanted a treadmill. Anyway, I spent no time to replace it with brand spanking new treadmill. And I love it! I got this NordicTrack C1750. It’s quite an investment, but totally justifiable. I love taking a long walk while skyping with my family back in Mongolia. I also love watching my favorite TV shows while running. As you see, I like to kill two bird with one stone.
2. Since we’re talking about workout, I can’t just move on without mentioning my Fitbit. Do you guys use it? I simply love it, and I don’t even like wearing a watch, or bracelets on my wrist. My Fitbit device tracks my steps, miles and calories burned each and every day. And the app shows all the stats! I check it like a maniac multiple times a day. If I spend a day behind the computer, processing photos or writing a post, the stats on my app will be low and I just get this urge to go for a run. Such a motivator! This month I fell even more in love with it. When we were in Europe, hubs and I did a lot of walking. And we were fascinated to learn that we averaged about 8-miles a day! Without my Fitbit, I wouldn’t know that.
3. Yep, some of you know that Garrat and I spent 2 weeks in London, Paris and Rome this month. We had absolutely the best time. And I had the best birthday ever! In Paris! Looking at Eiffel Tower! My dream come true. You guys, I was ecstatic! I had always been fascinated by the beauty of Eiffel Tower. And it was my longest dream to go to Paris and see it with my own eyes. Of course, I got a red Eiffel Tower souvenir!
4. When we were in Paris, I, of course, had to go to Laduree on Champs-Elysees! We walked into this fascinating gourmet pastry heaven! There was a looong counter full of colorful macarons, eclairs, and all sorts of other fancy pastries. And there was a long line of people eager to get their macaron fix. That didn’t bother me at all. After all, it’s Laduree! Just as I went through the long line and got my box full of macarons, my husband pointed towards a table full of Laduree tea. (Did you know they had a tea line? I had no idea!) Garrat already had his favorite, and when I smelled it, I had to have it. I jumped right back into the long queue without hesitation. Luckily, we found out that there was a different clerk who was able to help us to skip the line and pay right away. Whew! I’m totally, completely, absolutely obsessed with Laduree everything now. I love looking through their beautiful book, Laduree Macarons, and drinking their aromatic tea. Bliss!
5. Earlier this year, I realized that it’s been so long since I read a book. I used to love it, you know. Still do, but never got time to do it. Probably watching too much TV! To fix that, I read two books while on vacation. First one was this absolutely breath-taking suspense, Eyes on You, by Kate White (former editor-in-chief of Cosmo, love her!). If you like mystery, you’ll love it. The entire time I was reading it, I was on edge. The other one is this emotional memoir, It was Me All Along, by Andie Mitchell. In her book, Andie shared her childhood and weight loss journey (she lost 130lbs!). Beautifully written memoir, a must read! By the way, she also has a food blog, Can You Stay for Dinner. She is incredibly talented, courageous and beautiful woman inside and out.
6. TV shows. I’m obsessed with so many shows. Right now, I’m watching Nashville (have a major crush on Reina, she is such a badass!), Walking Dead (I have a feeling that something bad is gonna happen, no?), House of Cards (can’t wait for my husband to come home to start the new season tonight). Also, waiting on new episodes of Revenge (by far my favorite show!). What are you watching?
Now, tell me about your latest obsessions.