Supreme Chocolate Cheesecake
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Chocolate cheesecake so luxuriously indulgent that it’s like biting into a creamy chocolate truffle, but in a cheesecake form!
Table of Contents
Oh my gosh, are you drooling? Because I sure am. Too bad I polished off the last slice of this heaven earlier today.
If you know anything about me, you know that chocolate is my greatest weakness. And when you add it to the creamiest cheesecake, the combination is simply irresistible!
Why you’ll love this chocolate cheesecake:
This cheesecake is everything: rich, creamy, moist and dense, just how an amazing chocolate cheesecake should be.
And it’s infused with chocolate in every layer: in the crust, the filling and the topping. We’re talking Oreo cookie crust – the best yet!!
I seriously wish I could pass a fork to you so you can take your first bite right now, right here.
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake:
It’s easy peasy to make this chocolate cheesecake!!
1. Make the crust:
- Wrap a 9-inch springfrom pan with heavy duty foil. Check out this pecan pie cheesecake for detailed photo directions.
- Crush Oreo cookies in a small food processor
- Stir in melted butter and mix well.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of cheesecake pan and bake for 10 minutes.
2. Make the batter:
- Melt chocolate until smooth. I usually melt it in a microwave, follow the directions on the packaging.
- Whip cream cheese until nice and fluffy.
- Then add sweetened condensed milk, eggs (one at a time), sour cream and the rest of the ingredients one at time, mixing well after each addition.
- Now, pour the melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
Make sure cream cheese is at room temperature. Or you’ll get a lumpy batter.
3. Bake the cheesecake:
- Pour the batter into the prepared springfrom pan with the crust.
- Set the cheesecake pan in a large roasting pan and add 1 cup of hot water.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 55 minutes. And then open the oven door ajar and cool the cheesecake for 1 hour.
- Then take it out of the oven and run a knife along the sides of the pan. Cool the cheesecake completely and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or preferably overnight.
Hope you’ll make this cheesecake soon, and let me know if you do. Thanks for reading!
Supreme Chocolate Cheesecake
- 18 Oreo cookies Note 1
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups (340g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 oz (680g) cream cheese at room temperature Note 2
- 1 can (14oz/400g) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125g) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz (115g) semi-sweet chocolate chopped
Prepare the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Wrap 9-inch springform pan with double layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- In a small food processor, process the cookies until fine crumbs.
- Add melted butter and pulse until well combined.
- Press the cookie mixture onto the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Make the batter:
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave. Start with 1 minute at 50%, stir and then microwave for about 15 seconds at 50% power. Stir and microwave for another 15 seconds, if required, or until chocolate is nice and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl with whisk attachment, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sweetened condensed milk and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Then add sour cream and give another good stir.
- Now, stir in flour, espresso powder, vanilla extract and salt.
- And finally, add melted chocolate and mix the batter until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
Bake the cheesecake:
- Pour the batter into the prepared crust.
- Set the cake pan in a roasting pan and pour 1 cups of hot water. (Alternatively, if you don’t have large enough pan, you can fill another baking pan with hot water and place it on the bottom rack below the cheesecake pan.)
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until the center is almost to set. Open the oven door ajar and cool it for an hour.
- Then remove the cheesecake on wire rack, and then in 10 minutes carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan. Cool until room temperature, and then refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or preferably overnight.
Make ganache topping:
- Heat heavy whipping cream in a microwave (or stovetop) until hot, but don't boil it.
- Pour it over chopped chocolate an dlet it sit for 2 minutes. Then stir it until smooth.
- Immediately pour the ganache over the chilled cheesecake.
Tips & Notes
This recipe was originally published on September 14, 2017.