~Homemade fluffy cream cheese spread with fresh strawberries- delicious, yet simple to make.~
I have to admit that I have never been to a bagel shop until just recently. I’m not a huge bagel fan, but decided to check out this new place in town. Wow, was I surprised to see that huge selection of sweet and savory cream cheese spreads? My eyes were just rolling in different direction. It inspired me to make my own cream cheese spread.
If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you know that I like to avoid pre-made products as much as possible. This helps me to control what I put in my food. Since I had fresh strawberries on hand, I made some fresh strawberry cream cheese spread.
In just three simple steps, you will get delicious spread that you can enjoy with bagels, toasts, muffins, really anything you like!
Make sure to use softened cream cheese to ensure smooth and fluffy spread. Otherwise, you will end up with lumpy spread.
Yes, it’s that simple. You can also use blueberries, or raspberries instead. Possibilities are endless. I’ll work on savory version next time. Let me know if you have any suggestions. 🙂
Strawberry Cream Cheese Spread
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sprinkle sugar over strawberries. Set aside for about 10-15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add strawberries and vanilla extract and continue to beat until well combined.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.