Spicy avocado egg salad sandwiched between chewy pumpernickel bread slices. Perfect texture contrast and flavor combination!
You guys, I’ve been so spoiled for the last couple of weeks here in my childhood home in Mongolia.
I practically didn’t cook since end of May, not because I don’t want to, but because my mom is cooking for me 3 times a day every day. And I’m not complaining! After all, I get this chance only once a year. 🙂
But I did make a batch of french macarons and a cheesecake for my family last week though. Everyone loved them!
Anyway, I made these spicy avocado egg salad tea sandwiches back in May. It was a huge hit with my american family (<- that sounds really funny!)
And when I say spicy, I don’t mean just mild, barely-noticeable spice. You’re going to really feel the bite in the salad! If you’re not into anything spicy, add the spices in small amount until you’re happy.
I wanted to keep the salad simple with fewer flavor profiles: creamy avocados, hard boiled eggs mixed with sour cream, and few hot spices and sauces.
The ultra-creamy egg salad pairs beautifully with pumpernickel bread. The contrast from the bread is awesome.
Make it for a quick and tasty afternoon snack, or lunch. Also they’re elegant enough to serve at a tea party, or cocktail party.
Hope you give them a try. Have a wonderful weekend!
Spicy Avocado Egg Salad Tea Sandwiches
- 2 avocados
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- Cut avocado and hard-boiled eggs into small cubes and place everything in a medium bowl.
- Add sour cream, chipotle chili powder, red pepper, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Gently mix until desired consistency reached. (I like my salad a tad bit on a chunky side.)
- Divide the avocado egg salad into 4 equal parts, and spread on 4 slices of bread.
- Top with other bread slices and cut the ends off.
- Then cut each bread into 3 small tea sandwiches. Serve immediately.