These easy, cheesy, healthy stuffed mushrooms can be made ahead in preparation for a big gathering. Crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside, these are sure crowd-pleaser!
When you’re hosting a dinner, or party, don’t you just wanna prepare at least some of the items off of your menu a day in advance? I sure do. Well, this easy appetizer is just what you want. On a big day, all you need to do is pop it in the oven about 20 minutes before your guests arrive.
What makes these stuffed mushrooms so easy and delicious? Short answer is quinoa and cheese! Basically, all you need to do is to cook your quinoa with lots of flavor, mix it with grated cheese and stuff it in the mushroom caps. And voila!
Here are step-by-step pictures below. See for yourself how easy it is to make them.
You can flavor your quinoa however you would like. It’s important to give your quinoa good flavor here on this step though, because it’ll affect your final result.
If you’re not ready to bake them, just transfer them into a airtight container and refrigerate for up to one day.
Once baked, the topping gets nice and crunchy, but it’s juicy and cheesy inside. Just as you have one, your mind will beg for another one, and another one.
Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup chicken stock beef or vegetable stock will be fine as well
- 1 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 sprigs parsley
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz 227gr baby portabella mushrooms
- ½ cup mixed cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175° C).
- In a small saucepan, bring chicken stock, garlic, and parsley to a boil. Add quinoa, and reduce the heat to low. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the all the liquid is fully absorbed.
- Meanwhile, remove the stems of the mushrooms and place the caps on oiled baking sheet. Slightly salt and pepper.
- When the quinoa is cooked, transfer to a medium bowl and let it cool slightly. Stir in cheese.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with quinoa/cheese mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: