I love mushrooms. I usually just sauté the mushrooms seasoned with salt and pepper. So simple, yet so delicious. Today, I wanted to make a mushroom quiche for a change.
Light and healthy meal for lunch or dinner.
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 5oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- ½ ham, coarsely chopped
- ¼ grated cheese of you choice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- To make the crust, mix together cream cheese and butter for about 1 minute on medium speed. Add flour and continue mixing on low speed for about 2 minutes until well combined. Form into a ball. Wrap in plastic sheet and refrigerate for at least 30min.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Roll out the dough and press it onto quiche pan. Pierce holes all over with a fork. Cover with a foil shiny side down and pour raw beans or rice. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- To make the filling, blanch spinach in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Transfer it onto a clean plate and cut into small pieces.
- Heat a little bit olive oil and sauté carrots, ham and mushrooms over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add spinach.
- Beat eggs and heavy cream with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Put mushroom mix in crust. Sprinkle some cheese. Pour egg mixture on top. Bake for 25 min until eggs are set. Let it cool for 10minutes and serve.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: