Mini Filet Mignons
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Wrapped in bacon and topped with blue cheese, these melt-in-your-mouth tender mini filet mignons are simply the best!!
It’s June, folks!
When, how, what???
I know, I know! It’s unreal how fast time goes by. June means Father’s Day is around the corner. Have you decided what to cook for dad? If not, here is one amazing appetizer idea for ya! Bacon wrapped mini filet mignons, topped with blue cheese! BOOM!
It’s amazing, just like it sounds.
It’s so super simple to make these too. Cut the tenderloin into small bite-size pieces and wrap them in bacon. Secure with toothpick.
2 cooking methods for you: 1. Grill/bake, or 2. Deep-fry. Let’s discuss each method in detail.
Method #1: We sear the steaks on both sides for a minute or so, then bake until desired doneness in the oven. You will like this method if you like your bacon on chewy side. And let’s not forget about the pretty grill marks. 🙂
Method #2: My husband actually came up with this method. I really liked how fast and evenly steaks cook. Bacon is crisp, crunchy and evenly cooked. Superior!!
Whatever method you choose, you will love these mini filet mignons. Perfect appetizer for meat-lovers!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe. Thank you for reading!
Mini Filet Mignons
- 1 lb tenderloin
- 1 lb thin-sliced bacon
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Blue cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the tenderloin into 1-inch (2.5cm) cubes and thoroughly dry each piece with a paper towel. Cut the bacon strips into 4-inch (10cm) long strips. Wrap the cubed steaks with the bacon and secure with a toothpick. Generously salt and pepper the steaks on each side.
- Cooking Method 1: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. In 3 batches, sear the steaks for no more than a minute on both sides (non-bacon sides). Place the steaks on a baking sheet on bacon side. Bake for about 2 minutes, turning from one side to another, until the steaks reach the desired doneness (125°F for rare, and 145°F for medium), about 2-3 minutes.
- Cooking Method 2: Heat at least 3-inch of oil in pot to 350°F (175°C). Deep fry the mini filet mignons no longer than 2 minutes. Remove onto a wire rack.
- Top the mini fillet mignons with blue cheese and serve immediately.