Homemade Oreo Ice Cream is creamy and sweet with nice texture of crushed Oreos. Kids just love it!
Who doesn’t love Oreos? I personally don’t know anyone who doesn’t like them.
Though it’s quite addicting to eat these cookies just straight from the container, why don’t we enjoy it in a different shape and form? How about some creamy Oreo Ice Cream? Sounds tempting, doesn’t it?
It’s time to dust off your ice cream machine and make this decadent dessert to indulge!
This ice cream is absolutely creamy and full of flavor! Here is the detailed recipe for you.
The frozen Oreo ice cream is slightly hard; so let it sit on the counter for 5 minutes before serving.
This Oreo ice cream would be a huge hit at kid’s birthday party!
Homemade Oreo Ice Cream
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 7 Oreo cookies
- In a medium saucepan, combine ½ cup of heavy cream, half of the condensed milk, vanilla extract and salt and bring it to simmer over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks and the remaining condensed milk until pale.
- To temper the egg yolk mixture, pour about half of the hot cream into the egg yolks and whisk vigorously. Then pour it back into the remaining simmering cream and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Pour the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream into a medium bowl. Place a sieve over it. Pour the custard mixture into the heavy cream through the sieve and mix well. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic touches the custard. Cool completely.
- Crush Oreo cookies.
- Once the custard is cooled completely, pour it into the prepared ice cream maker and run according to your specific ice cream maker manual. About 5 minutes before it’s ready, add crushed Oreos. Transfer the ice cream into an air-tight container and store it in the freezer.
Leave a Review