Extra Fudgy KitKat Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links. Read full disclosure.
Extra fudgy, melt-in-your-mouth tender brownies dotted with white chocolate KitKats are out of this world delicious. You might as well bake TWO!
What can I say, I am a candy addict! Snickers, KitKat, M&Ms, skittles (oh, yes, skittles!), gummy bears… You name it, I love it!
One day, while browsing through the isles in Target, I came face-to-face with a pile of mini white chocolate KitKats. How could I resist, right? I snatched a bag, or two, (fine, three!) of these deliciousness! And I baked with them.
The extra fudgy brownies dotted with crispy, chewy KitKats, the contrast you’ll remember for a long time. Oh, how I wish I had a piece in my hand as I type this post. Someone, please bring me a bag of white chocolate KitKats! 🙂
To make the brownies, we will start with melting the chocolate and butter over simmering water, aka double-boiler. Unlike my Snickers Brownies, I’m using unsweetened chocolate in this recipe and doubled the sugar.
I also used cake flour for ultra-tender and fudgy texture. You could use all purpose flour, but be aware the brownies might not turn as extra fudgy as I’m advertising here. 🙂
And finally, DON’T overmix the batter once you add the flour and DON’T overbake it. That’s all. If you follow these simple guidelines, you’ll be enjoying the fidgiest (spelling??), melt-in-your-mouth tender brownies with crispy, chewy kit-kat candies.
I’m telling ya, these fudgy KitKat brownies will rock your world in 2 seconds! Have a break and make these KitKat brownies!
Tell me what is your favorite candy?
Extra Fudgy KitKat Brownies
- 1/3 cup 75gr unsalted butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup 200gr sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup 85gr cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 oz 226gr white KitKat minis
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 8x8in (20x20cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a medium heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate and butter over simmering water until smooth.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sugar. Cool slightly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and salt.
- Add 2/3 of KitKat minis and mix until just combined. (Be careful not to over mix the batter, or the brownies will get dry and dense.)
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes and check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in to the batter somewhere between the center and the edges of the brownies. If it comes out covered with batter, bake for another 2 minutes and check again. If the toothpick comes out slightly moist with a few crumbs, then it’s ready. It should take no longer than 25 minutes.
- Cool completely on wire rack before removing from the pan. Cut into 16 squares and serve.