Happy 1st of May!
Today is my mother’s birthday! Happy birthday, mom! (Though she doesn’t know English, she still reads my blog through Google Translate. She is the sweetest!) Speaking of mom, can you believe Mother’s Day is in just 10 days?! Don’t worry though, earlier this week, I shared a great round-up of recipes for you to consider to make for your mom. How about spoiling her with an elegant Afternoon Tea, instead of usual brunch? Head over to this post for some great ideas.
Now, let’s talk about my latest obsessions. Shall we?
1. This month, I’ve been obsessed with mangoes. I got a box of mangoes from our local co-op a few weeks back, and I’ve been enjoying mango smoothies pretty much every morning.
2. It’s been exactly 1 year, since I bought my orchid. And I’m beyond happy that it’s not only alive, but it’s thriving now! If you ever had an orchid, you probably know how hard it is to keep them alive. I’m so proud of them!
3. I love seeing the photos of deliciousness made by my readers inspired by my recipes. So, I dedicated an entire page just for that, it’s called “From Your Kitchen”. I’ll be posting all the goodies you made from my blog here. If you ever make any of my recipes, I’d be so delighted if you snap a photo and send it to me. Nothing makes my heart go pitter-patter than seeing your photos. So thank you!!
4. Last month, I told you how I discovered the world of podcasts. Now, I’m here to tell you that I’m so head over heels about them. I’d listened so many great podcasts over the last month. Let’s just say, cleaning the house/running errands/driving have never been so enjoyable! Just a few of my favorites are Burnt Toast by Food52 (Fun podcast for all the foodies), America’s Test Kitchen (Awesome podcast for all of us home cooks. I learn so many new things from this show. A must-listen!), The Chopped Podcast (This is a great podcast for food bloggers. Marly interviews successful food bloggers to discuss different aspects of food blogging. I discovered many great bloggers through this show!), and last but not least, Awesome Etiquette (Lizzie and Dan answer readers’ questions on how to handle difficult situations. Just a fun podcast that I really enjoy!),
5. As far as TV shows, I’m loving Revenge this month. They really never stop intriguing us! And OMG, Nashville! Just love it! My husband and I just started Mad Men last week. I know, we are late to the party, but we have lots of entertaining ahead of us! Woo-hoo!
Now how about you? Tell me your latest favorites in the comments below.
Oh and one more thing, I keep forgetting to share my wish list each month. Here is my current one.
My Wish List:
~ Le Creuset dutch oven in cherry- This was on my wishlist for way too long. I think I’m pretty much ready to bite the bullet and get it. I don’t know if it’s that gorgeous color, or name, or just the beauty of it, but I just really want it.
~ Spiralizer– I’ve been wanting to buy one of these for about a year now. There so many different brands out there, and I don’t even know where to start. Do you use spiralizer? Any recommendations?
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: