Six simple ingredients with big flavors make this grilled pizza an irresistible crowd-pleaser. Make sure to give it a try this summer!
Here’s another reason to be excited about summer! (Like we ever need any reason for it, but just roll with me here.) GRILLED PIZZA!
No idea, why it took me so long to try grilling a pizza. But I don’t think I can go back to regular ones now! So easy and so delicious, grilled pizza is the way to go this summer.
This fabulous white pizza has so much flavor, but not a very long ingredient list! Because the ingredients are packed with aromatic herbs, spices and lots of CHEESE!
Quite frankly, when I first grilled a pizza dough, I was a bit nervous about putting a thin soft dough on the grill.
What if it falls through, making a mess?? No, it doesn’t fall through the grates, I promise!
Once the dough hits hot grill, it all works out. Keyword here is HOT grill. It doesn’t matter if you’re using charcoal or gas grill, the most important factor is to properly preheat the grill.
Another tip: the dough cooks pretty fast, so keep a close eye on it. I suggest having a pair tongs handy and sneak a peek under the crust often so it doesn’t burn. You’re going for beautiful grill marks, not burn.
Once the pizza crust is cooked on both sides, remove it from the grill using a pair of kitchen tongs and put the toppings. And then return it back to the grill for a quick warm-up to melt the cheese. Voila, your delicious grilled pizza is ready to be devoured!
Feeds a crowd. Check!
I say, it’s a WINNER in pizza world!
Have you tried grilled pizza? If not, please tell me you’ll make it soon. 🙂
6-Ingredient Grilled Artichoke Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 can 14oz/396gr artichoke hearts, drained
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 2 cups 8oz/226gr grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar 8oz/226gr roasted bell pepper strips
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat charcoal, or gas grill to medium heat.
- Divide the pizza dough into two equal parts, and roll them into two 10-inch pizza crusts. Place the pizza crusts on back if a baking sheet.
- Lightly oil the grill.
- Carefully slide the dough onto the grill and cook it for about 2 minutes. Using a tong, flip it and grill for another 2 minutes or so, until the crust is nice and cooked.
- Transfer the grilled pizza crusts back onto the baking sheet.
- Slice a few artichoke hearts into thin slices, and chop the rest into small pieces. (I like different cuts and sizes for a nice presentation.)
- Spread pesto evenly on both pizza crusts.
- Generously sprinkle a cup of mozzarella cheese on each pizza crust.
- Then place artichoke pieces, and throw in roasted bell pepper strips.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Slide the assembled pizzas back on the grill and cook until the cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately.
This recipe was originally published on June 13, 2017.
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: