16 Light & Tasty Spring Recipes
Happy 1st Day of Spring!!
Though the winter here in ND was surprisingly nice and not-so-rigid-cold as years before, I’m ready for spring! For more sunshine and blue sky, for fresh fruits and popsicles, for dresses and flip-flops… Err, am I describing summer? Anyhow, I’m excited for a new season!!
And to celebrate, I’m went through my archive and dug up some light and tasty recipes for you.
1.Let’s start with CAKES!
- Nothing beats light and airy, tall and elegant, simple Angel Food Cake smothered with honey glazed strawberry sauce. If this doesn’t scream spring, I don’t know what does!
- Ok, I had to include these cute Mini Carrot Cakes with Candied Pecans. They’re not only perfectly popable, they’re just so darn adorable to look at! Add this to your Easter menu!!
- This’s super unusual, I know! But hear me out… This creamy delicious Carrot Cheesecake doesn’t taste like carrots at all. Just smooth and creamy tinted cheesecake with rich and nutty crust! Ah, and the tangy sour cream topping is to die for too!
- And let’s not forget to have this rustic Layered Carrot Cake this season. Super moist and dense cake layers filled with classic cream cheese filling! So-so-goooood!!
2. Savory Bites for Perfect Brunch
- This is an oldie, but goodie! This Smoked Salmon Quiche is a must for your Easter brunch.
- If you need to impress your family on Easter, make these Dill Crepes with Smoked Salmon. Never made crepes before? Don’t you worry, I have a video tutorial for you right here. Plus, crepes can be made ahead. Winner!
- Don’t have too much time? Then these make-ahead Mini Cheese Balls will come to rescue. These absolutely flavorful little bites can be rolled in whatever toppings you desire. Customize to your taste.
- And lastly, it’s not Easter without deviled eggs! Here I have simple Curried Deviled Eggs, but really why stop there? Get inspired from this Pinterest board.
3. Mini sweets!!!
- These cutest little Mini Fruit Pizzas are bright and colorful! They bring an instant cheer to any spread!
- You’ve got to try these Mini Caramel Lava Cakes while you still can get your hands on those Cadbury mini caramel eggs! It’s divine! Especially topped with homemade vanilla ice cream!
- Got too much Easter Candies? Combine them all into one giant Easter Candy Chocolate Bark! Because why not?? They’re so pretty to look at!
- Ok, how cute are these Mini Raspberry Lemon Tartlets? Light and tangy, this is an ultimate spring dessert! Bonus: super simple to make with just a few ingredients!
4. Onto the Drinks!
- I don’t usually make carefully layered smoothies, like this Rainbow Smoothie, on daily basis. Not even on weekly, or monthly basis, to be honest! It’s reserved for special occasions only, and I think welcoming spring is totally considered that special occasions. Wouldn’t you agree?
- Strawberry Mojito!!! A big pitcher-full!! Yes, yes, please!! So refreshing and delicious!
- Another delicious batch drink you could make for Easter brunch is this fancy-looking Moscato Sangria! Takes minutes to make it, impressive and oh-so-delicious! Just imagine having a bowl full of boozy fruits at the end. I die!
- If you’re in the mood for some tropical flavors, this Pineapple Coconut Spritzer is for you! It’s amazingly refreshing, obviously!
And finally, some inspiration from around the web:
- OMG, this carrot cake flavored whipped cream cheese from Brianne at Cupcakes and Kale Chips!! It looks and sounds absolutely fabulous! A must try this season for sure!!
- Here’s Erin’s take on lemon raspberry tartlets on Platings and Pairings. So light and spring-y. I’m in love!!
- Another delicious spring dessert for ya. This one is from Dianna at The Kitchen Prep. This Meyer Lemon + Yogurt Cream Pie looks divine!! It’s like lemon meringue pie, but better!
- Last, but not least, these gorgeous mini tomato tarts look so light and delicious. A masterpiece from Nicole at The Spice Train.
Now, tell me what’s your most favorite spring recipe?
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: