~ Honey berry sorbet – sweet and tart, absolutely refreshing summer frozen treat with just 3 ingredients! ~
What is better treat than frozen berry sorbet to beat summer heat? Nice and cold, perfectly sweet and tart, healthy and guilt-free dessert that no one can refuse.
Plus, you only need just 3 ingredients. There is no reason you’re not jumping into your kitchen right now. As I’m writing this post from my home in Mongolia, my mouth is watering and I’m wishing to have a spoonful of it. This is the drawback of preparing the posts a month in advance, I guess…
Let’s admit it. After major holiday feasts, treating yourself to more sweets and treats is the last thing you want. That’s why this light and guilt-free frozen treat is your best friend after holiday season. The ratio between berries and honey is just right for perfectly smooth, yet not rock-hard, or icy sorbet.
Although I believe fresh berries taste much better, frozen mixed berries will be just fine as well.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
- • 2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen (I used ½ cup fresh strawberries, ½ cup fresh blueberries, ½ cup fresh blackberries, ½ cup fresh raspberries)
- • ½ cup honey
- • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. In a medium saucepan, combine berries, honey and 1 cup of water. Simmer over medium heat until honey is fully dissolved, about 4-5 minutes.
- 2. Transfer the mixture into a blender, add the lemon juice and blend away.
- 3. Cool the mixture to room temperature. Then refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- 4. Strain the mixture through fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds. Pour it into the ice cream machine and follow the manufacture’s instructions. Freeze the sorbet for firmer texture.