Tiramisu Layer Cake
Tiramisu Layer Cake
Light and delicious Tiramisu Layer Cake!
Yield: 8-10 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 6 tablespoons Disaronno (or brandy, or Kahlua)
- 2 teaspoons Hazelnut syrup (optional)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 oz (450gr) mascarpone cheese
- To make the sponge cake, preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Butter 2 7"(18cm) round cake pans and line with parchment paper.
- Sift the cake flour. Set aside.
- Separate the eggs. Beat egg yolks and cold water until doubled in size. Stir in sugar and continue to beat the egg yolk mixture until thick and pale yellow. Slowly add hot water while the mixer is still on. Sift the flour into the egg yolk mixture and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until foamy. Add cream of tartar and continue to beat until hard peaks form.
- Gently fold in half of egg whites into the egg yolk mixture. Add the remaining egg whites and fold in until well combined. Stir in vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes. The cake is ready when the inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes and invert the cakes onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- To make the syrup, combine water, instant espresso powder, Disaronno and Hazelnut syrup. Let it cool.
- To make the tiramisu cream, beat egg yolks, sugar and vanilla extract until thick and pale yellow. Add mascarpone cheese and mix well until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until hard peaks form. Gently fold in the whipped cream into egg yolk/mascarpone cheese mixture. Refrigerate it.
- To assemble the cake, once the cake is completely cooled, cut each cake horizontally. Brush the cake with tiramisu syrup. Don’t be shy; soak the cake with the syrup pretty good. Spread the tiramisu cream and sprinkle some grated chocolate. Repeat the same steps for the remaining layers.
- Cover the cake with tiramisu cream and top the cake with grated chocolate.
Snap a photo and submit it here. OR
Share it on IG with #sweetandsavorybyshinee
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: