to Recipe ↓
Mini Potato Croquette
This recipe is pretty basic, but very flavorful and versatile. You can add in shredded carrots, hard-boiled egg, or whatever strikes your fancy.
Panko is very flaky and light Japanese breadcrumbs. Because it does not soak up the oil during frying, the end result is light and crispy! The secret keeping these croquettes crunchy and crispy longer, rest the cooked mini croquettes on wire rack. This allows air to circulate all around, preventing hot steam moistening the crispy crust.
Mini Potato Croquette
Mini potato croquettes are versatile and flavorful finger food with addicting crunchy crust. Great way to use up leftover potatoes.
Yield: 18 mini croquettes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ lb ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup Panko (Japanese breadcrumbs), optional
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. In a large skillet, sauté garlic in hot olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Brown the meat thoroughly. Transfer the cooked meat in a medium bowl and mix it with mashed potato and chopped cilantro.
2. Using a small ice cream scoop, form the mixture into 1.5-inch balls.
3. Roll the balls in the flour, and flatten into mini patties. Then dip them in the beaten egg and roll the patties in Panko.
4. Heat the oil in skillet over medium high heat. Fry the patties until golden brown about a minute on each side. Transfer the croquettes on wire rack. Serve immediately.
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to take a photo and share it with me using hashtag #sweetandsavorybyshinee. Your creations will be featured on the From Your Kitchen section on my blog.
All photographs and content on Sweet & Savory by Shinee is copyright protected, unless otherwise noted. Please do not use any of my photos without my authorization. If you would like to share my recipe, you may re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the full directions. Thank you for your cooperation!
don’t miss a recipe!
Subscribe to receive weekly updates: